LG announced that the new custom user interface called the Optimus UI 3.0 coming with Android Ice Cream Sandwich devices.
Here’s the list of new feature coming with the Optimus UI 3.0
- the ability to unlock the phone by dragging anywhere on the screen;
- a new Pattern Lock that allows users to preset the most frequently used function,
- such as the camera, which automatically opens once the phone is unlocked;
- a simpler version of Optimus UI 3.0 for new smartphone users which organizes the main applications so that
- they are the easiest to access;
- a new Voice Shutter that allows users to capture photos using only voice commands;
- a special camera feature that enables users to pick up the best shot among multiple images including the
- moment just before the shutter button is depressed;
- an Icon Customizer that provides an additional level of personalization by allowing users to set their own
- photos as icons and shortcut images;
- the addition of a Download category to the menu for easier organization.
LG’s refined its take on the Android unlock screen to allow you to swipe anywhere you like, and pattern-based locks can now be set up to automatically launch a specific app when successfully unlocked.
LG Optimus UI 3.0 will debut on the LG Optimus LTE II launching this week in Korea after that the LG Optimus 4X HD in June.